- The partnership will aim to better the £300k raised by the event competitors in 2018
- UK Challenge and Teenage Cancer Trust will work closely on many fundraising initiatives with a goal to fund at least six Teenage Cancer Trust specialist Lead Nurses for a year.
London – 23rd July 2018 – Marco Polo Events, a company dedicated to providing outdoor team-building opportunities, and the owner of the UK Challenge, an iconic event that takes place over three days involving over 500 company executives has appointed Teenage Cancer Trust as their exclusive charity partner for the 2019 event to be held in Snowdonia.
Over the next 12 months many of the teams entered in the UK Challenge will join in the fund raising, by integrating participation into their internal CSR programs or dedicated charity initiatives. The partnership with TCT will allow teams to see how monies raised will help young people with cancer in the UK.
MPE CEO, David Moran, commented, “I expect this partnership to be our best yet as we know that fund raising is a very personal thing and with TCT we will get to see the fruits of our labour and make a difference in an area that gets little attention. Cancer will affect all of us at some point in our lives but to get impacted when you’re a teenager can be extra stressful for both the individual and the people around them. The team at TCT do a great job to support young people with cancer.”
Adding to those comments, Peter George, Chairman of MPE said, “The companies and individuals that take part in the UK Challenge are amongst the best and most motivated to be found in the workplace, I know from personal experience that taking part is one of the best investments a company can make in its people and having a meaningful charity partnership that our competitors really relate to will resonate throughout their whole organisation”
Kate Collins, Chief Executive of Teenage Cancer Trust said: "We're incredibly excited about partnering with UK Challenge and being a part of this fantastic event in 2019. We can’t wait to work with them and all the teams to raise vital funds for young people facing cancer. Right now, for every young person Teenage Cancer Trust reach, there’s another we can't. The money raised through our partnership will help us provide young people with cancer the best treatment, care and support – and ultimately ensure that no young person faces cancer alone.”
To watch the UK Challenge’s 2018 event video, visit our youtube channel at:
Marco Polo Events Tel: 07887 848580
David Moran, CEO
About UK Challenge
Celebrating it’s 30th birthday this year, the UK Challenge is the World’s Number 1 corporate team-building event that challenges teams intellectually, strategically and physically. This powerful combination has proven to deliver long lasting business beneﬁts to the individuals and companies that take part. Involving a mix of canoeing, cycling and running each team will rely on their teamwork, communication and ability to work under pressure to solve clues, decipher codes and complete puzzles in a bid to outsmart their rivals and complete a series of missions in the least amount of time possible. The next UK Challenge event will take place 4th – 7th July 2019 in Snowdonia, Wales.
About Teenage Cancer Trust
Teenage Cancer Trust's press office:
Tel 0207 612 0377
- Teenage Cancer Trust is the only UK charity that provides the specialised nursing and emotional support that young people with cancer aged 13-24 so desperately need.
- Our world-leading nursing care helps young people and their families deal with the many ways cancer affects your body, mind and life.
- We bring young people together to support each other so they feel less scared and alone. Our Education and Awareness programme helps students in schools across the country to make positive decisions about their health, and we influence the Government and policy makers to improve services for young people with cancer.
- Every young person with cancer should have access to this kind of care, but we simply do not have enough nurses. Right now, we can only reach half of those who need us, so we need the help of our supporters to fund more world-leading nursing care. Find out how you can get involved at www.teenagecancertrust.org.
- Teenage Cancer Trust is a registered charity: 1062559 (England & Wales), SC039757 (Scotland).
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Marco Polo Events, on Tuesday 31 July, 2018. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/