Only 11% of Brits are confident that they’ll visit all their dream holiday destinations in their lifetime. This is despite the fact that for 60% of us, there are only two places on the list.
These are the results of a survey by leading bedding company Silentnight, which looked into what made a dream holiday for UK consumers.
The reason we want the holidays is not necessarily to have action-packed adventures or wild nights out - 52% of British holidaymakers just want to rest and relax above everything else.
Other main findings of the survey:
- 30% of us have never visited any of our dream destinations
- 41% of respondents said a good night’s sleep is the number 1 criteria for a good holiday
- 75% of people said that fluffy pillows and duvets were more important than a balcony or mini bar
- Almost six out of 10 (59.9%) admitted that they missed their own bed more than their family while away
- The top 6 things that could ruin a good holiday:
- Noisy, badly behaved children
- Drunk people
- The accommodation not being as described
- Bad food
- Being unable to sleep
- People hogging the sun loungers
Nick Booth from Silentnight comments: “With increasingly busy lives, it’s understandable that UK consumers are looking to get away just to unwind, relax and sleep! This is why it’s such a shame that so many of us admit we’ll never get to go on those dream holidays.”
The Silentnight Dream Holiday survey was carried out with a database of 1000 UK adults to launch its Dream Holiday promotion which offers consumers the chance to win a Dream Holiday, as well as lots of other prizes. OnePoll carried out the research.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Silentnight Bedding, on Wednesday 6 July, 2016. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/