As Bristol is announced as the greenest city in Britain, marketing revolutionaries Streamline Promotions outline the benefits of being an energy efficient business in an environmental-friendly location.
Bristol is the 'green capital' of Europe, but its predecessor Copenhagen comes top in a Europe-wide index. Streamline Promotions explore the factors used to determine Bristol with this prestigious award.Measuring a city's greenness can be difficult as there are many factors to be considered, the options are endless from public transport usage to recycling.In the study, Lawrence Berkeley from the National Laboratory in California discussed the share of all "trips" made by public transport, and the daily average concentrations of air pollutants – plus a surprising number of social and economic variables, such as healthcare practitioners per 1,000 citizens and unemployment rates.
Streamline Promotions look at the benefits of running a green business.Their top five primary benefits to becoming a more sustainable company are:
1. Enhanced Brand and Increased Competitive Advantage - The Natural Marketing Institute has found, in its consumer research, that customers are 58 percent more likely to buy a company's products or services if they know that company is mindful of its impact on the environment and society.
2. Increased Productivity and Reduced Costs - Through development of more sustainable business practices, efficiency in operations will increase. With better use and conservation of resources, operations will be streamlined and costs will decrease.
3. Improve Financial and Investment Opportunity - Financial and investment analysts have recognised companies that have developed sustainability plans with regards to energy efficiency and reduction of environmental impact as an important evaluator criterion.
4. Minimise Carbon Risk and Improve Energy Efficiency - Based on current proposed legislation, it is estimated that companies will be required to cut 25 percent of carbon emissions by 2020 and 50 percent to 80 percent by 2050, which could be mandated by both state and federal regulations. This will affect the availability and costs of energy, which are expected to double within the next 10 years.
5. Increase Employee Retention and Recruitment - Employees want to work with companies that are "doing the right thing" and being proactive with corporate environmental and social programs. A 2007 survey by Adecco, an international HR company, found that 52 percent of employed adults feel their companies should do more about the environment.
Streamline Promotions is a sales and marketing agency based in Bristol. The firm specialises in a personalised form of marketing which involves connecting with consumers on a face-to-face basis on behalf of their clients' brands. This one-to-one connection often leads to personal and long-lasting relationships between brand and consumer and in turn increases their clients' customer acquisition, brand awareness and brand loyalty.