Brighton General Hospital Action Group
At a packed meeting held at The Edge Community Centre* on Saturday, local residents vowed to keep the Brighton General Hospital site in public ownership. A further demonstration is planned ahead of the next Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust board meeting to be held at Brighton General Hospital at 10am on Thursday 28th march. A group of activists will assemble at 9.30 and engage with members of the board with a view to ensuring:
- That the Brighton General Hospital be retained 100% as public land and in public accountability.
- That the Brighton General Hospital be dedicated to two uses:
Council housing at social rents.
Brighton General Hospital Action Group is a coalition is made up of:
- Save Whitehawk Hill
- Sussex Defend the NHS (SDNHS)
- Brighton and Hove Housing Coalition.
- Living Rent Campaign
* Edge Community Centre stands on the site once occupied by the General Hospital’s Nurses’ Home, a splendid 6 storey Edwardian building on the steps of which generations of Brighton nurses were photographed after qualifying –the Brighton General even issued its own nursing badge. The site is now occupied by flats operated by Southern Housing Group.
For further information contact:
Barry Hughes, Press Officer, Brighton and Hove Housing Coalition,
8 The Laurels, Bromley Road, Brighton BN2 3GE.
01273 82356 – 07946040047 – email@example.com
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Brighton and Hove Housing Coalition, on Sunday 24 March, 2019. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/