On 26 October, 3.00-4.30 pm, an online panel with expert speakers will discuss why
‘Only Nuclear Can Provide the Energy that the World Needs’,
Chaired by Neville Chamberlain CBE, Chairman of SONE,
and organised by SONE and YGN.
- Trudy Harrison, MP for Copeland and PPS to the Prime Minister;
- Zion Lights, environmentalist and science communicator;
- Arun Khuttan, a young nuclear scientist leading activities in the run up to COP26 on behalf of [YGN|https://www.nuclearinst.com/Communities/NI-Young-Generation-Network];,
- Tim Stone CBE, Chairman of the Nuclear Industry Association;
- Andre Wakker, an independent organisation consultant from the Netherlands, with experience in the nuclear, oil and renewables industries. He has been renewable energy policy advisor to the Dutch government.
The panel will consider the case that the UK Government should commit itself to building more nuclear as the only reliable way to meet its net-zero objectives and that the UK should press the international community to accept the scientific case for nuclear power at COP26 in Glasgow in November 2021.
The discussion will be streamed live on the YGN YouTube page where the video recording will be available afterwards.
“We are lucky that we have a reliable clean energy option that we can build right now to wean ourselves off polluting fossil fuels. People are afraid of nuclear, when really they should be afraid of what will happen to our planet if we don't start to bring down emissions soon.” Zion Lights
“The world has inherited a fear of nuclear radiation, though it is the fear that is dangerous, not the radiation. In an attempt to reduce fear, nuclear power stations have become over-designed and over-regulated – and expensive. But our children have no reason to suffer for that.” Wade Allison, Professor of Physics at Oxford, Hon. Sec. SONE
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of professor wade allison, on Tuesday 13 October, 2020. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/