City Lit to host The Mental Wealth Festival 2016 this September
The ground-breaking event returns to Covent Garden for a second year, with additional events at Parliament.
Speakers include Ruby Wax, Hugh Grant and Toby Litt with more guests to be announced.
The Mental Wealth Festival 2016 will take place at City Lit in Covent Garden from Wednesday 14 September to Thursday 15 September and in Parliament on 13 September. The event looks at how mental health is perceived and celebrated in our communities and how our ‘mental wealth’ is affected by the arts, culture, the media, faith and politics.
The festival will include talks and contributions by mental wellbeing activist Ruby Wax, film star and campaigner Hugh Grant and authors Paul Dolan and Toby Litt, with more speakers to be announced. Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor will join other faith leaders to reflect on spiritualty and well-being. The festival also includes a number of workshops including drawing, painting and jewellery sessions as well as discussions on a variety of topics including reading for wellbeing, fatherhood and self-perception.
The Mental Wealth Festival 2016 takes place on 14 and 15 September in and around City Lit and Covent Garden, with events in Parliament on 13 September.
Day tickets or festival passes are now available. Some events, including the events in Parliament, require an invitation.
For more information please go to www.citylit.ac.uk/mentalwealth
Email: email@example.com or call 020 7492 260
Note to editors
- Established in 1919, City Lit is where London learns… We are Europe’s largest college for adults offering over 5,000 part-time courses to more than 30,000 students.
- Course areas include languages, visual and performing arts, teacher training and music as well as family learning classes, community outreach and courses for deaf people or those who stammer or have a learning difficulty. See the website for more information.
- Based in Covent Garden, City Lit has bright, modern facilities and an adult-only, friendly learning environment, which encourages and supports individuals in achieving their goals.
- In 2011 City Lit was graded ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted (the first large adult education provider to achieve this).
- In 2012 City Lit was awarded ‘champion’ status by Investors in People Standard.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of City Lit, on Tuesday 9 August, 2016. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/