We have been awarded funding from the Big Lottery Fund so thanks to them this year will be a great event! We must also thank our other sponsors and supporters University of Winchester, One Stop, Hampshire County Council, PH Jones, Osbourne, Snug Architects, Millwood Training and Friends of King Alfred Bus. And our Partners Winchester City Council and A2Dominion
Winchester Party in the Park 2017 promises to be the best yet and with nearly 10k (9,700+) clicks on Facebook page in the last month, people are keen to find out what’s happening. We have an exciting line-up on the stage with Rubik’s Cube, Salsa y Sol, Stevo & Kai the Magicians, Intergr8 Street Dance Crew, Romsey Old Cadets Marching Band, Firefly Cheer Leaders, Gabz (Britain’s Got Talent), Exhibitor, Seven or Eleven, plus more to be announced.
Around the site we have an exciting array of activities and events. Lots of the regular activities such as the Funfair, Zorbing, Children’s Farm and Children’s Go Karting, Reptiles and Amphibians will be making an appearance again this year, but we also have some new attractions including:
- Dog Agility Arena with a difference, AD4 Agility will show that any dog can enjoy and partake in this activity no matter what shape or how small, see website for show times.
- Ben Savage Cycle Stunt Team Arena which should add lots more fun and excitement to this year’s event with several shows through the afternoon.
- King Alfred Buses - We are delighted to welcome The Friends of King Alfred Buses (KAB) who run and restore vintage buses and coaches to this year’s event. Not only will KAB be attending with one of their restored Winchester Buses, but they will also be running a shuttle service and bus rides on another of their vintage buses (Further details will be released on website nearer the time).
- Laser Quest will also be attending this year.
- Rubicon will be holding an jam at the skatepark
We will also have a wide selection of stalls and other attractions.
The event will take place at the Somers Close Recreation Ground in Stanmore, Winchester on Saturday 29th July 2017 between 12:00 and 17:00 and is absolutely free to enter, though charges do apply to some of the activities. For more details and information, why not visit our Website, Facebook or Twitter pages at https://www.wpitp.org.uk https://www.facebook.com/wpitp https://twitter.com/WPitP
If you’d like to participate and help out on the day as one of or volunteer stewards, then please contact Trevor Lynas on Tel. 01962 848139/07980 732233 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Winchester Party in the Park is a community event that has been running since 2011 for the residents of Winchester and surrounding area.
Its aims are:
- To promote community cohesion
- To promote partnership working between public and private organisations as well as residents.
- To advise our communities on services available to the residents of Winchester.
- To encourage residents to become involved in local projects and initiatives.
- To encourage Youth involvement.
- To encourage local businesses to get involved and support their local communities.
This year’s event is being organised by Winchester Party in the Park, a newly formed charity consisting of a small group of seasoned volunteers. Who are supported by their partners Winchester City Council and A2Dominion. The Winchester City Council have also contributed a significant proportion of the funding for the event, but it would not be possible for the event to take place without the generous support of our Sponsors without whom the event wouldn't take place and to whom we are very grateful. If you would like to consider sponsoring an activity and donating then please do get in touch via our Facebook page or email partyinthepark@w
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Winchester Party in the Park, on Monday 19 June, 2017. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/