Chelmsford charity Dementia Adventure is delighted to have attended the 2017 People’s Postcode Lottery annual Charity Gala where it was announced that £66.3 million was awarded to charities and good causes in 2016 - thanks to players of People’s Postcode Lottery. Dementia Adventure is one of 69 charities that benefitted from this incredible funding having been awarded £650,000 to date.
The news of the funding total was shared at the annual event, on Tuesday 24 January, at Prestonfield House in Edinburgh. The Charity Gala celebrated the phenomenal achievements of charities working across Great Britain and internationally that are supported by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
The event was attended by HRH Prince Charles, Sir David Attenborough, broadcaster Dermot Murnghan and TV presenter Fiona Philips. Entertainment on the night was provided by Mica Paris and Soul Nation.
Support from players of People's Postcode Lottery has enabled the charity to support people living with dementia, and their carers, to go on supported holidays, to get outside and connect with nature and themselves.
Lucy Harding, Chief Operating Officer at Dementia Adventure said: "The help that players of People's Postcode Lottery have given us over the last 3 years has been hugely significant in our continued growth and ability to help more people with dementia live better with the condition, year on year. Thanks to the players, we are hoping to help around 200 people have a supported break this summer, and Dementia Adventure promises to be around to help many more people in the future."
Clara Govier, Head of Charities at People’s Postcode Lottery, said: “Our Gala is such a special time in People’s Postcode Lottery’s calendar where we come together and celebrate the incredible amount of money raised by our players and the fantastic work carried out by the supported charities as a result of the support. We continue to be overwhelmed by the incredible support of our players and thank them for their funding.”
For further information about this news story, please contact Joanne Lambert Smith, Dementia Adventure on 01245 237548 or firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Dementia Adventure is an award winning registered charity committed to helping people living with dementia get outdoors, connect with nature, themselves and their community, and retain a sense of adventure in their lives. www.dementiaadventure.co.uk
- Through training, research, and consultancy services it enables care providers and organisations to take advantage of the natural resources on their doorstep to enhance the lives of people living with dementia and the people who care for them.
- The organisation is currently expanding the benefits of its nature-based, positive-risk taking approach with local and national partners through its social licence product Dementia Adventure in a Box in order to increase the choices of outdoor activities available for people with dementia. Its legacy will be to create an ever-growing network of dedicated, experienced and knowledgeable individuals and organisations, all receiving in-depth support from the Dementia Adventure team.
- Dementia Adventure also designs, plans and delivers bespoke, small-group holidays and short-breaks for people living with dementia and their carers to enjoy together. It supports people with trained staff and volunteers, and offers this as an alternative to traditional respite.
People’s Postcode Lottery
- People’s Postcode Lottery is a charity lottery. Players play with their postcodes to win cash prizes, while raising money for charities and good causes across Great Britain and globally
- A minimum of 30% goes directly to charities and players have raised £129.9 Million for good causes across the country
- £10 for 10 draws paid monthly in advance with prizes every day. For further prize information visit: www.postcodelottery.co.uk/prizes
- Maximum amount a single ticket can win is 10% of the draw revenue to a maximum of £400,000
- Players can sign up by Direct Debit, credit card or PayPal online at www.postcodelottery.co.uk, or by calling 0808 10-9-8-7-6-5
- Postcode Lottery Limited is regulated by the Gambling Commission under certificate nr 000-000829-N-102511-011 and 000-000829-R-102513-010. Registered office: Titchfield House, 69/85 Tabernacle Street, London, EC2A 4RR
- People’s Postcode Lottery manages multiple society lotteries on behalf of a range of charities including sixteen grant-giving trusts. For details on which society lottery is running each week, visit www.postcodelottery.co.uk/society
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Dementia Adventure , on Thursday 9 February, 2017. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/