NOVELTEA and The Florist have held the World’s highest afternoon tea party on Scafell Pike to challenge the norm with how the time-worn tradition can be enjoyed. In a bid to inject the spirit of adventure into the British staple, the two brands served high tea at the 978m summit to showcase their attitude towards creating more memorable high tea experiences.
The very British tradition of afternoon tea was taken to dizzying new heights on Monday, after the world’s highest high tea took place on the summit of Scafell Pike, England’s tallest mountain. [Ahead of afternoon tea week].
The 978m ascent surpasses the current record held by the Burj Khalifa on the 122ndfloor at 584.5m.
Hosted by alcoholic tea brand NOVELTEA, and bar & restaurant chain The Florist, the pair set out to launch The Florist’s new high tea menu in a bid to challenge the norm for the way traditional British afternoon tea is served,while beating the current world record.
On the summit, NOVELTEA and The Florist treated hikers on the hill to high tea inspired by Ikebana, the Japanese art of flower arranging amongst the spectacular mountain-top views in a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The selection of beautifully-presented dishes including bao buns, sushi and Nutella doughnuts, whilst sipping from the NOVELTEA alcoholic tea menu, consisting of tea blended with either rum, gin or whisky.
The afternoon tea trend is experiencing a shift away from the British tradition of sweet pastries and cucumber sandwiches, as consumers become more experiential with their choice of menu and the environment with where it is served; this has led to a new joint collaboration between NOVELTEA and The Florist who will be serving Japanese inspired savoury dishes alongside alcoholic tea.
NOVELTEA Managing Director Vincent Efferoth Said: “As the world’s first infused alcoholic tea, we’re delighted to have celebrated the timeless British concept of afternoon tea with a unique adventurous twist. Partnering with a brand who seek new experiences such as The Florist was an ideal opportunity.”
Lauren Allen-Maher Group Brand Manager of The Florist Said: “The Florist’s food and cocktail menus are inspired by three key styles of floristry; Ikebana, Modern Contemporary and English Garden, so we’re excited to offer our guests a contemporary, floral twist to the traditional occasion of High Tea.”
The world’s highest high tea coincides with The Florist’s new High Tea offering across their venues, which fittingly launches during National Afternoon Tea Week.
Media Contact:Amber Patterson | email@example.com
NOTES TO EDITORS:
- The concept for the ‘higher tea’ event at the top of Scafell Pike was created to challenge expectations of the time-worn British afternoon tea during National Afternoon Tea Week
Guests included 20 people, a mix of local people and lifestyle influencers from across the UK
Guests were led by experienced local guides supplied by outdoor tour operator largeoutdoors.com and the high tea service was presented by The Florist’s Creative Development Lead Kelly Harrison and The Florist’s Operational Chef Ash Wooley.
Launched in April 2017, NOVELTEA is the first brand in the world to create tea and alcohol fusions to test and tickle taste buds. Ranked as one of the top new businesses in the UK by the Startups 100 2018 index and a 2018 SIAL Innovation Award Winner, NOVELTEA’s blends start with tea, taking inspiration from its ingredients and origins to create unique flavours that can be enjoyed hot or cold. Ranging from a quintessentially British combination of Earl Grey and gin, to an exotic pairing of Moroccan green mint tea and white rum, to the recently launched Chinese Oolong tea and Scotch whisky, NOVELTEA offers a refreshing twist to your afternoon tipple. Tea with spirit.
- Winner of Speciality Food Magazine’s ‘New Producer Award 2018’ for crowdfunding
- Featured in Great Taste Awards 2018 list of winnersand Silver medal winner in the Spirits Business Award 2018
- Stocked in over 150 stores across the UK and exported globally to countries including China and Germany.
- NOVELTEA has successfully raised over half a million pounds in crowdfunding over a two year period and revenue has grown by 320% in the last twelve months
Online: http://www.noveltea-drinks.com/ |Twitter: https://twitter.com/novelteadrinks
Facebook: https://facebook.com/novelteadrinks| Instagram: https://instagram.com/novelteadrinks
About The Florist
Since launching in Bristol in March 2018, The Florist bar and restaurant has grown to 3 locations across the UK including Liverpool and Watford. In 2018, it was named one of the UK’s “most Instagrammable bar and restaurants”, and in 2019, won 3 awards Casual Dining Awards 2019 including Best New Restaurant for The Florist Liverpool. The extensive cocktail menu and diverse food offering is inspired by the three key styles of floristry: English Garden, Ikebana and Modern Contemporary and offers guests a unique experience in beautiful surroundings.
Jack Jolly, National Campaign Manager – Jackjolly@nwtc.uk.com
About The Florist’s High Tea with NOVELTEA
- The Florist’s new high tea will be available to book Monday to Friday (12-5pm) and Saturday (12pm-4pm)
- Dishes include Vegetable Gyoza skins, Bao Buns, Sushi of the Day and Nutella Donuts.
- Available from Monday 12thAugust from The Florist Watford and The Florist Bristol. For details of The Florist Liverpool High Tea launch, keep an eye on our website.
- The Florist’s high tea is priced at £25 per person and comes with a choice of one of three NOVELTEA cocktails, with a minimum of 2 guests required and available as a vegetarian and vegan option on request. Advance booking required.
- Guests may choose to swap their cocktail for a pint of Amstel (568ml) or glass of house Prosecco (125ml) or selected mocktail.
About New World Trading Company:
The New World Trading Company (NWTC), operator of The Florist, is a leading bar and restaurant operator, with 27 sites across 8 award-winning brands in the UK market; including The Oast House, The Botanist and The Smugglers Cove. NWTC’s instinct for adventure drives everything they do and takes guests to the most unusual and exciting places. The company is also recognised as a leading employer not only in the hospitality industry but across the UK, placing 5thin The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for 2019. For more information, visit: http://nwtc.uk.comor call 01565 213213.
Jack Jolly, National Campaign Manager – Jackjolly@nwtc.uk.com
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Twist Marketing, on Monday 12 August, 2019. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/