Leading not-for profit sustainability company, Yorkshire Energy Partnership, has teamed up with insulation company Cosyseal, to offer a free home insulation scheme to ALL Middlesbrough residents.
The ‘Middlesbrough Eco Homes’ scheme, launched in a new move to tackle fuel poverty and reduce fuel bills, will also help residents save up to £310* per year on their fuel bills.
Subject to a free, no obligation home survey, householders can get free loft and cavity wall insulation in their homes, on a first-come first-served basis. The scheme is open to all private homeowners in the Middlesbrough area, including landlords, and is being funded by a national energy provider.
James Mills, Advice Centre Manager at Yorkshire Energy Partnership, hopes the scheme will greatly reduce fuel bills in Middlesbrough:
“Insulating your home is the best way to keep your home warmer and money in your pocket. We have recently run a similar scheme in North Yorkshire with a huge success rate. It’s open to all private tenants and homeowners, so get in touch as soon as possible and access funding whilst it is available”.
To claim your free insulation, call 01904 545 020 and quote ‘Middlesbrough Eco Homes’.
For more information, please call the Yorkshire Energy Partnership on 01904 545 020
*Statistics taken from EST: CWI saves £135 and LI saves £175 - so £310 overall.
• We will insulate lofts to the recommended level which is 270mm for those lofts with under 200mm of current insulation. Those with 200mm or above are deemed sufficient.
• Customers must clear their own loft before works can begin.
• Funding is limited so the earlier customers get in touch the better.
• There are no eligibility criteria with regards to age/ benefits.
• Properties can be owner occupied or private rented.
• The loft must have less than 60mm of existing insulation.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Yorkshire Energy Partnership, on Friday 28 June, 2013. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/