LONDON, UK, MARCH 26, 2019 - The Cybersmile Foundation alongside Cosmopolitan and Instagram have announced the launch of The Positivity Index - the ultimate list of people striving to make the world of social media a better place.
Revealed today is a list of 25 game-changing bloggers, influencers and activists from all walks of life who have been empowering and inspiring others on social media. These include positivity champion Callie Thorpe, broadcaster and presenter Clara Amfo, Little Mix star Jesy Nelson, educator and disability activist Sinéad Burke and basketball player, poet and campaigner Asma Elbadawi.
“We are proud to work alongside Instagram and Cosmopolitan on The Positivity Index, celebrating all those people who make Instagram a supportive and inclusive space. We want everyone to have a positive experience online and during these uncertain times initiatives like this are so important to help people do that,” says Scott Freeman, CEO, The Cybersmile Foundation.
The Positivity Index is published in the May issue of Cosmopolitan (on-sale today), alongside tips from those featured on balancing the digital world with real life, and what it truly means to be happy.
Claire Hodgson, Editor-in-Chief of Cosmopolitan, says: “Spreading positivity feels more important than ever right now. The Positivity Index, in partnership with Instagram and Cybersmile, aims to celebrate those people putting good things into the world, who make social media a better place and who truly believe change for the better is possible. Cosmopolitan is all about uplifting, empowering and championing young women everywhere and we feel there’s never been a better time to loudly shout about those people who bring us joy.”
The Positivity Index features a range of talent guaranteed to brighten up Instagram feeds everywhere.
Georgia Kelly, Instagram partnerships, adds: “People have always used Instagram to share their stories and express themselves and we’ve recently seen how connecting people through the platform can be a powerful positive force. Now, more than ever, it’s vital to shine a light on the people using Instagram for good and what better way to do this than The Positivity Index in partnership with Cosmopolitan and Cybersmile.”
The full list includes:
- Callie Thorpe, @calliethorpe, travel blogger and body-positivity advocate
- Chessie King, @chessiekingg, presenter & body-confidence champion
- Karen Hobbs, @karen_hobbs, writer & comedian
- Amika George, @freeperiods, founder of Free Periods
- Sophie Duker, @sophiedukebox, stand-up comic & writer
- Jesy Nelson, @jesynelson, entertainer
- Laurie Nunn, @laurienunn, writer
- Clara Amfo, @claraamfo, broadcaster & presenter
- Dominic Evans, @domandink, illustrator & author
- Mikaela Loach, @mikaelaloach, student & climate-change activist
- Selina Barker & Vicki Pavitt, @projectlove, co-founders Project Love
- Sinéad Burke, @thesineadburke, educator & disability activist
- Jameela Jamil, @i_weigh, actress, activist & founder of I Weigh
- Dr Anita Mitra, @gynaegeek, doctor
- Kuchenga Shenje, @kuchenga, transgender activist
- Rose Gallagher, @rosegallagher, make-up artist & broadcaster
- Simone Powderly, @simonepowderly), model & founder of The Teen Experience
- Nicole Crentsil, @blackgirlfest, cultural producer, co-founder of Black Girl Fest and founder of Big Sis
- Gemma & Maya Tutton, @ourstreetsnow, campaigners
- Asma Elbadawi, @asmaelbadawi, basketball player, poet & campaigner
- Jaz O’Hara, @theworldwidetribe, founder of The Worldwide Tribe
- Tanya Compas, @tanyacompas, youth worker & advocate
- Becky Young, @antidietriotclub, event manager & founder of the Anti Diet Riot Club
- Nadia Whittome, @nadiawhittomemp, member of Parliament
- Nià Pettitt, @niathelight, founder of Froday & CEO of The Curl Bar London
See The Positivity Index on Cosmopolitan.
ABOUT THE CYBERSMILE FOUNDATION
The Cybersmile Foundation is a multi-award-winning nonprofit organisation committed to tackling all forms of digital abuse and bullying online. They work to promote kindness, diversity and inclusion by building a safer, more positive digital community and encouraging people to realise their full potential without the fear of ridicule and abuse.
Through education and the promotion of positive digital citizenship, The Cybersmile Foundation reduces incidents of cyberbullying and provides professional help and support services to children and adults around the world.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of The Cybersmile Foundation, on Thursday 26 March, 2020. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/