Is your local deli the best in Glasgow? The BBC Good Food Shows are calling for nominations from local foodies to find and crown Glasgow and the surrounding area’s Best Deli
After the success of the initiative in 2013, the search is on to find Glasgow’s Best Deli 2014. The BBC Good Food Shows are once again teaming up with BBC Good Food Magazine to search for the best deli in Glasgow and the surrounding area. The winner will receive a free stand at the BBC Good Food Show Scotland at the SECC from 17 – 19 October to showcase their produce to its food loving visitors.
Barney Desmazery, Food Editor at BBC Good Food Magazine comments, “Glasgow and its surrounding towns and villages is full of fantastic delis so I know it’s going to be a tough job finding the very best. There are so many hidden local gems that deserve to be celebrated, so use your vote to nominate and help us find them.”
Katy Truss, who manages the scheme on behalf of the BBC Good Food Shows says, “Last year we uncovered Billingtons of Lenzie, a fabulous local deli, who had a great time showcasing their deli at the show to thousands of food lovers. I can’t wait to get out there again and find this year’s winner.”
Delis and independent food shops are urged to encourage their customers, fans and suppliers to nominate them for the competition, or apply by nominating themselves. Judges from the show and the magazine will be looking at the following:
- Range of international and local produce
- Quality and value of produce
- Product knowledge and enthusiasm
- Customer service
- Services, facilities and community involvement
Barney Desmazery – Food Editor, BBC Good Food Magazine
Katy Truss - Fabulous Food Finds and BBC Good Food Shows’ Artisan Food Specialist
Laura Biggs - Managing Director of BBC Good Food Shows
BBC Good Food Show Blogging Community
**Notes to Editors
- Voting takes place online at: bbcgoodfoodshowscotland.com/glasgowsbestdeli
- Delis and food shops can download posters to encourage nominations in store and add buttons to their websites too. Details can be found at bbcgoodfoodshowscotland.com.
- All delis must be within a 20 mile radius of Glasgow City Centre.
- Voting closes on 15 August 2014
For more information please contact email@example.com or call 07837 753403