Greater Lincolnshire is bustling!
The Agri-Food industry within the region supplies 70% of the UKs fish and 25% of the UKs vegetables. The manufacturing industry spans over 2,350 employers producing goods which are vital and sought after across the country. And the Technology industry employs 16,000 people within the region, many of whom are creating new products.
And it’s the Ports and Logistics industry which ensures these goods get to where they need to go.
Which is why Greater Lincolnshire has a massive and successful logistics infrastructure and the busiest ports in the UK.
Without this industry, supermarkets, homes and families would be lost without vital food, technology and products.
So, working within Port and Logistics is important to the running of the UK, but it’s also diverse and interesting too. Because the sector is so huge, there are plenty of interesting job roles when it comes to the transportation of Greater Lincolnshire’s produce.
Lets take a look at a transport lifecycle of an apple.
- The apple has been picked and checked and is ready for distribution.
- A Packer will carefully load a vehicles trailer with apples.
- A Transport manager will plan the vehicles journey.
- A Driver will transport the vehicle on the journey.
- The produce may be stored temporarily at a port by a Warehouse manager.
- A Machine operator may use a cherry picker to load the apples into a ship.
- A Voyage manager will plan the vessels safest route.
- A Captain and the ships crew will sail the ship.
- A Stevedore will unload the apples from the ship.
- A Driver will complete the journey to the supermarket.
- That’s quite a journey! So, what the delay? Start your journey within the ports and logistics industry now
The World of Work is an online hub for information and resources about employment opportunities across the county. There are so many exciting industries and employers in the Greater Lincolnshire region; it’s hard to know where to start looking when it comes to work. Luckily, you can now delve into the World of Work at www.theworldofwork.co.uk and find information about your local area.
The Greater Lincolnshire region is filled with amazing career opportunities with national and local businesses within varied industries that you might never have thought of, from manufacturing and low carbon to ports, logistics and technology companies. With case studies from top employers, key facts and resources, industry information and specific local information, the World of Work has something for everyone in Lincolnshire.
The sectors covered by the web site, showing stats, information and case studies include:
- MANUFACTURING & ENGINEERING
- HEALTH & CARE
- LOW CARBON
- VISITOR ECONOMY
- PORTS & LOGISTICS
- AND MANY MORE....
Employers who have contributed to the site include Siemens, British Steel, Lindum, Gelder Group, Spaldings, Rilmac Group, Branston, Mirclean, Butlins, The Woodland Trust, Hales Group, The Orders of StJohn Care Trust, Cooperative Group, Associated British Ports, Denby Transport, Dynex.
The World of Work web site was built by the Greater Lincolnshire LEP with the help from Social Enterprise GetMyFirstJob.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of The World of Work, on Friday 8 December, 2017. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/