10 March 2020 – North West based Better Hearing Clinic, have pledged their support of the British Tinnitus Association (BTA) by becoming a Corporate Member of the charity, helping to raise awareness of tinnitus and to support the BTA’s services helping those affected by the condition.
The BTA is the only national UK charity solely dedicated to those with tinnitus - a term that describes the sensation of hearing a noise in the absence of an external sound. For over 40 years the charity has supported the one in eight people in the UK who experience tinnitus and in particular the 10% of those with tinnitus who find it severely affects their quality of life.
Bernard Paice, the founder of the Better Hearing Clinic commented: “The Better Hearing Clinic was established in 2016 with the aim of helping people hear better, and the mantra ‘we care, we listen’. In the early days of the business, knowing that I wanted to offer tinnitus management support, I attended a BTA course to find out more about supporting others.”
“The BTA provides the foundation for the moral, ethical and unbiased bases for which to approach the subject. This is why as a business we wanted to join as corporate members.”
Bernard adds: “As a social responsibility I decided that as a business we would help others in the community and not just sell a service. As a support group leader of the Prestwich Tinnitus Support Group, we have a regular sessions. We uphold a very ethical practice and seek to be fully transparent, doing our best to keep our business interests and the support group separate and uphold the values of BTA in supporting others.”
Helen Goldsby-West, Head of Major Giving for the British Tinnitus Association, said: “Last year, the BTA supported over one million people. To do this, we are reliant upon the generous donations of our fundraisers and supporters, and contributions from Corporate Members like Better Hearing. We receive no direct government support and need to raise over £925,000 this year to continue our much needed work. The Corporate Membership scheme is a great way for organisations to demonstrate their commitment to our work and the wider tinnitus community. We are extremely grateful to Bernard and the Better Hearing team for their backing in our mission.”
The Better Hearing Clinic holds clinics in Prestwich, Bolton, Heywood, Tottington and Cockermouth as well as offering home visits. The Better Hearing Clinic can be found at www.betterhearingclinic.co.uk or contact email@example.com or 07790 110848.
Nic Wray, Communications Manager
0114 250 9933
Notes to Editors
About the British Tinnitus Association
- The British Tinnitus Association (BTA) is an independent charity that supports over one million people living with tinnitus each year, and advises medical professionals around the world. It is the primary source of support and information for people with tinnitus in the UK.
- Tinnitus is the sensation of hearing noises in your ear or head when there is no external cause. The noise can have virtually any quality including ringing, buzzing, hissing and whistling.
- Around 1 in 3 people will experience tinnitus at some point in their life. Over 7.1 million adults in the UK are living with persistent tinnitus, and for 10% of them, it can severely impact their quality of life, affecting sleep, mood, concentration, employment and relationships.
- There is not currently a cure for tinnitus, however, there are several strategies that can be helpful in learning to manage the condition.
- Tinnitus costs the NHS £750 million annually, with a cost to society of £2.7 billion per year.
Facebook and Instagram: @BritishTinnitusAssociation
LinkedIn: British Tinnitus Association
British Tinnitus Association, Ground Floor Unit 5 Acorn Business Park, Woodseats Close, Sheffield, S8 0TB.
The British Tinnitus Association is a registered charity. Registered charity number 1011145.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of British Tinnitus Association, on Tuesday 10 March, 2020. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/