The 3 Michelin star Chelsea eatery scoops the top spot of London's best 100 restaurants
There has been a shake-up in All In London's Ultimate Restaurant List 2016…
Excitingly, after The Ledbury's long supremacy of four years at the top, there is a new number 1… Through her work at the restaurant, Clare Smyth has pushed Restaurant Gordon Ramsay to new heights - ironically she has since left to spread her own wings with Matt Abé now heading up the kitchen there. On winning the award Matt said, “We have an excellent team here working extremely hard at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, and we are all thrilled to have been awarded the Ultimate Restaurant Award. We always have, and will continue to focus on our guests, making sure they have a memorable experience that will stay with them for a long time.”
The list of London's top 100 restaurants, compiled by the website All In London.co.uk, unifies and normalises the myriad of dining awards and ratings into one easy to digest, definitive index. In short, the website's development team has formulated a mathematical algorithm which weights and assesses the various local, national and global awards, accolades and industry momentum to rank restaurants based on their standing over the preceding 12 months.
At number two this year is a brand new entry, Hopper; a restaurant and takeaway inspired by Sri Lanka and Tamil Nadu, from the team behind Gymkhana and Trishna. Also notable is the rise of the tiny Japanese restaurant Sushi Tetsu, which was a new entry last year and has now risen to fourth in the list.
All In One: Ultimate Restaurant List 2016, Top 10:
- Restaurant Gordon Ramsay Score: 9.125
- Hoppers Score: 9.000
- The Ledbury Score: 8.978
- Sushi Tetsu Score: 8.668
- Hibiscus Score: 8.643
- Le Gavroche Score: 8.500
- Dinner By Heston Blumenthal Score: 8.313
- Sketch (The Lecture Room) Score: 8.200
- Lyle's Score: 8.107
- The Square Score: 8.083
Predicting new entrants and spotting future star becomes more of a challenge as the number of high-quality openings gathers apace; however, a few eateries stand out… of those predicted to succeed last year, Bao made it to place 16, The Manor to 25 and (strictly just outside the list, but for interest's sake) Taberna do Mercado to place 119.
Tipped for success in next year's list:
- Sosharu: Jason Atherton's new Japanese offering in London, a new twist compared to his current stable of largely European/British menus.
- Paradise Garage: Robin Gill, the mastermind behind the Dairy and the Manor in Clapham goes to Bethnal Green.
- Ours: Tom Sellars' celebrity new must-visit place comes complete with Twitter row with Fay Maschler!
- Frenchie: Greg Marchand, star Chef from France takes on London and brings the style of its Parisian counterpart to the capital.
- The Woodford: Pierre Koffman protégé Ben Murphy has opened his new venture to rave reviews, no doubt success with the guidebooks will follow.
For further information, please contact Paul Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org
The full All In London Ultimate Restaurant List can be viewed at www.allinlondon.co.uk/ultimaterestaurants
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Pressat Wire, on Wednesday 24 August, 2016. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/