London – October 1, 2019: MSCI Inc. (NYSE: MSCI), a leading provider of indexes, portfolio construction, risk management tools and services for global investors, has announced the winning funds and fund houses for the 21st annual MSCI European Property Investment Awards.
The MSCI European Property Investment Awards acknowledge the European property funds that have outperformed in their country group, over the three years to December 2018.
The awards are based upon independently verified investment performance by pension and life funds, pooled funds, property investment companies and other professionally managed real estate portfolios, across more than 580 eligible portfolios, and are determined by MSCI’s standardised performance measurement metrics.
Commenting on the awards, René Veerman, Head of EMEA Analytics and Real Estate Coverage at MSCI, said: “In a world of persistently low interest rates and an increased need for diversification and risk mitigation, investors have turned to real estate for greater returns and now the asset class makes up increasingly large proportions of their portfolios.
“These awards are based on our defined data standards and performance measurement procedures, and each of the winners has proven themselves against those criteria and excelled over their peers. We’re delighted to publicly recognize the tremendous performance of these portfolios and the efforts of their associated teams in delivering outstanding returns for investors.”
To be eligible for the annual awards, all funds were measured by MSCI’s Enterprise Analytics, which provides investors with measurement of returns against a relevant market or sector benchmark.
The country awards identify consistently measured real estate investment performance across two categories:
• Balanced: highest total return relative to the real estate All Property benchmark annualised over three years to December 2018
• Specialist: highest total return relative to the real estate sector benchmark annualised over three years to December 2018
In addition, two further awards are given to:
• The best performing pan-European balanced fund, based on the highest three-year NAV-level performance
• The best European fund with the highest long-term risk-adjusted return
AWARD CATEGORIES & WINNERS
France Fund Awards
• Fund: Groupe Agrica
• Fund Manager: Groupe Agrica – Direction financière
• Fund: OPCI Foncière Franklin
• Fund Manager: AEW
Germany Fund Awards
• Fund: AXA Direktbestand Deutschland
• Fund Manager: AXA Investment Managers - Real Assets
• Fund: SOKA-BAU ZVK Immobilienportfolio
• Fund Manager: SOKA-BAU Zusatzversorgungskasse des Baugewerbes AG
Ireland Fund Awards
• Fund: Aviva Irish Property Fund
• Fund Manager: Aviva Investors
Italy Fund Awards
• Fund: Fondo Immobiliare Negri
• Fund Manager: BNP PARIBAS REIM SGR P.A.
• Fund: Porta Nuova Garibaldi Fund
• Fund Manager: Coima SGR
Netherlands Fund Awards
• Fund: Stichting Rabobank Pensioenfonds
• Fund Manager: Syntrus Achmea Real Estate & Finance B.V.
• Fund: Bouwinvest Dutch Institutional Retail Fund N.V.
• Fund Manager: Bouwinvest Real Estate Investors B.V.
Norway Fund Awards
• Fund: OBOS Eiendom AS
• Fund Manager: OBOS Eiendom AS
Portugal Fund Awards
• Fund: CA Património Crescente
• Fund Manager: Square Asset Management
• Fund: Fundo de Investimento Imobiliário SETE COLINAS
• Fund Manager: SILVIP – Sociedade Gestora de Fundos de Investimento Imobiliário, S.A.
Spain Fund Awards
• Fund: Inmobiliaria Colonial SOCIMI
• Fund Manager: Inmobiliaria Colonial SOCIMI
Sweden Fund Awards
• Fund: Axfast
• Fund Manager: Axfast AB
• Fund: Slussgården
• Fund Manager: Slussgården
Pan European Fund Awards
• Fund: PATRIZIA PanEuropean Property Limited Partnership
• Fund Manager: PATRIZIA
European long-term risk-adjusted relative return award
• Fund: Fondo Eracle
• Fund Manager: Generali Real Estate SpA SGR
MSCI is a leading provider of critical decision support tools and services for the global investment community. With over 45 years of expertise in research, data and technology, we power better investment decisions by enabling clients to understand and analyze key drivers of risk and return and confidently build more effective portfolios. We create industry-leading research-enhanced solutions that clients use to gain insight into and improve transparency across the investment process. To learn more, please visit
Sam Wang +1 212 804 5244
Melanie Blanco +1 212 981 1049
Laura Hudson +44 20 7336 9653
MSCI Global Client Service
EMEA Client Service + 44 20 7618.2222
Americas Client Service +1 888 588 4567 (toll free)
Asia Pacific Client Service + 852 2844 9333
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Pressat Wire, on Tuesday 1 October, 2019. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/