Just Eat has committed to supporting its customers, restaurant partners, couriers and its people as the spread of Covid-19 significantly impacts communities across the world.
As well as being guided by government and health authority advice in every market where it operates, Just Eat has introduced contact-free delivery for all orders across its network, to ensure customers continue to receive their food deliveries safely.
From working with industry bodies to provide guidance for restaurants to making seal stickers and additional delivery bags available, Just Eat has introduced various support packages across its markets to help independent restaurants, couriers and the wider community.
A 30-day support package:
- Reduced commission for marketplace restaurants and restaurants that use Just Eat for delivery services.
Investing €1m to support restaurants and vulnerable people, including:
- A 30-day support package for restaurants:
- No subscription fees for existing and new restaurants joining the platform
- Reduced commissions for independent restaurants
- Donating 3,000 free meals prepared by Just Eat restaurant partners to Secours Populaire and Samusocial de Paris to help feed vulnerable and elderly people in self-isolation.
30 day €1m support package for restaurants:
- Reduced commission for small independent restaurants already on the Just Eat platform
- Abolished sign up fees for those joining the platform during the period
- Accelerated onboarding programme for new restaurants
- Suspended cash payments for orders
- With the help of customers, Just Eat has donated over €50,000 to the Papa Giovanni XXIII Hospital in Bergamo
- Halved commission on all pick-up orders
- Waived costs for businesses wishing to join the Menulog platform
- Committed to invest $3 million to promote local restaurants open for pick up and delivery
Canada (Skip The Dishes):
- 30-day support package including a rebate on commission from every order placed
- Free delivery offered by almost 10 thousand restaurants partners, with no service fees to customers
- Allowing customers to leave local restaurants and couriers a tip when placing an order
€600K emergency support package:
- Reduced commission on delivery orders by a third for independent restaurants
- No commission for collection orders
- Free sign-up for new restaurants wishing to join the platform
- 25% discount on all orders for NHS workers.
- 30 day £10m+ support package:
- A commission rebate of one third on all commissions paid by independent restaurants to Just Eat
- No commission across all collection orders
- Waive all sign-up fees for new restaurants joining the platform
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Pressat Wire, on Monday 6 April, 2020. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/