30 Days of Ethics throughout November
The IBE celebrates 30 years of promoting high standards of business behaviour based on ethical values this year.
With the help of IBE corporate subscribers, every day in November we will highlight a different aspect of values-led business practice.
Each day will explore a different ethical value, and what doing business ethically means in practice.
IBE subscribers have been invited to ‘adopt’ a day, making contributions ranging from blog post and videos to podcasts. IBE subscribers include some of the world’s biggest brands, as well as professional bodies and small businesses.
The IBE’s Director, Philippa Foster Back CBE, said: “Business ethics can be seen as academic. Throughout November we will bring alive what it means in reality.
"This 30 day celebration of business ethics highlights practical ways in which companies bring their ethical values to life. Too often, companies confuse business ethics with corporate social responsibility. Business ethics is about doing things ethically, rather than doing ethical things. Some companies come from controversial sectors, which is why it is all the more important that they examine how they do business.
"We hope it will be an inspiration to others and generate debate about business and its purpose in society. Our aim is to get the message across that doing business ethically makes for better business.”
Through their donations, IBE subscribers help to promote ethical business practice. They may also take advantage of events, publications, free advice and other services. Subscribers are encouraged to make a positive contribution to the work of the IBE through the sharing of good practice and their experience of ethical issues.
Below are details of the companies and organisations which are contributing. Each contribution will be unveiled on the IBE website on their chosen day: www.ibe.org.uk/30daysofethics
- 1st November Integrity - Institute of Business Ethics
- 2nd November Transparency - GSK
- 3rd November Trust - BAE Systems plc
- 4th November Fairness - SSE
- 5th November Corporate Governance - ICSA: The Governance Institute
- 6th November Passion - ASB NZ
- 7th November Pride - Diageo plc
- 8th November Openness - Bank of England
- 9th November Courage - L'Oréal
- 10th November Mutual Benefit - British American Tobacco
- 11th November Safety - BP
- 12th November Teamwork - Carillion plc
- 13th November Doing the Right Thing - Royal Bank of Scotland plc
- 14th November Leadership - Marks and Spencer plc
- 15th November Human Rights - Total S.A.
- 16th November Speak Up - Public Concern at Work (PCaW)
- 17th November Care - Serco Group plc
- 18th November People - Northrop Grumman Corporation
- 19th November Open to Change - De La Rue
- 20th November Avoiding Corruption - Transparency International UK and IBE
- 21st November Responsible Business - Lloyds Banking Group
- 22nd November Good Decisions - Aviva plc
- 23rd November Accountability - Rio Tinto Group
- 24th November Being Connected - HSBC Bank plc
- 25th November Training - Royal Dutch Shell plc
- 26th November Unity - Rise Management Consulting
- 27th November Independence - Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary (HMIC)
- 28th November Stewardship - Barclays
- 29th November Respect - Centrica plc
- 30th November Culture - Institute of Business Ethics
Find out more about Ethics Month here: www.ibe.org.uk/30daysofethics
Contact: Katherine Bradshaw, Head of Communications, email@example.com 07771 517700 or Alex Johnson, Marketing & Events Manager firstname.lastname@example.org 020 7798 6040
The Institute of Business Ethics (IBE) is a registered charity established in 1986 to promote high standards of business behaviour based on ethical values. We help organisations to strengthen their ethical culture through the sharing of knowledge and good practice.
A brief history of the IBE can be found here: http://www.ibe.org.uk/a-brief-history/81/54
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Institute of Business Ethics, on Monday 31 October, 2016. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/