25 April 2019 – HearWell, based in Hereford, have pledged their support of the British Tinnitus Association (BTA) by becoming a Corporate Member of the charity, helping to raise awareness of tinnitus and to support the BTA’s services helping those affected by the condition.
The BTA is the only national UK charity solely dedicated to those with tinnitus - a term that describes the sensation of hearing a noise in the absence of an external sound. For the last 40 years the charity has supported the one in eight people in the UK who experience tinnitus and in particular the 10% of those with tinnitus who find it severely affects their quality of life.
Clive Williams, Managing Director of HearWell knows first-hand that people have little knowledge of what support and actions are out there to manage tinnitus. He commented: “Many people live with tinnitus and just shrug shoulders believing it is what it is, and will just have to live with it. The BTA is there to help with information and sign posting people to get the right level of help.”
HearWell was set up in October 2016 by Clive Williams and supported by Marilyn Cook. Both have worked for national companies and between them over thirty five years of hearing care experience.
Helen Goldsby-West, Head of Major Giving for the British Tinnitus Association, said: “Last year, the BTA supported over 645,000 people. To do this, we are reliant upon the generous donations of our fundraisers and supporters, and contributions from Corporate Members like HearWell. We receive no direct government support and need to raise over £800,000 this year to continue our much needed work. The Corporate Membership scheme is a great way for organisations to demonstrate their commitment to our work and the wider tinnitus community. We are extremely grateful to Clive and HearWell for their backing in our work.”
The British Tinnitus Association website is www.tinnitus.org.uk. HearWell can be contacted on 01432 623090 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The BTA is an independent charity which supports 645,000 people per year who experience tinnitus and advises medical professionals from across the world. It is the primary source of support and information for people with tinnitus in the UK.
- The BTA needs to raise £800,000 each year to continue their UK wide support. Donations can be made via
- Not">... an illness or disease, tinnitus is a term that describes the sensation of hearing a noise in the absence of an external sound. The noise can have virtually any quality. Ringing, whistling, and buzzing are common, but more complex sounds may also be reported.
- HearWell is a completely independent business with no contractual obligations to any hearing aid company allowing them to give totally impartial advise and support to its patients.
- HearWell operates from a fully equipped centre offering ear wax removal, hearing tests, hearing aids from all manufacturers, noise protection and now tinnitus advice. The centre now accommodates over one thousand people a year for hearing care advice and has free parking on site and is totally level throughout.
- HearWell is growing year on year and is always looking for partnerships with other health care professionals to offer a complete health care programme. You can find more information at www.hearwell.org.uk , email email@example.com or telephone 01432 623090.
For more information and interview opportunities:
Nic Wray, Communications Manager
0114 250 9933
British Tinnitus Association
Ground Floor Unit 5 Acorn Business Park
Sheffield, S8 0TB
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of British Tinnitus Association, on Thursday 25 April, 2019. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/