Harlow, UK – 18th October 2019 - Haag-Streit UK (HS-UK), the leading manufacturer and distributor of gold-standard optometry and ophthalmic equipment and John Weiss & Son, manufacturer and distributor of high quality ophthalmic surgical instruments and procedures, are delighted to confirm details of the upcoming Haag-Streit Academy 2020 Glaucoma Symposium.
The Symposium will be held at The Radisson Blu Hotel & Conference Centre, Stansted Airport on Thursday 30th January. The objective of the Haag-Streit Academy 2020 Glaucoma Symposium is to bring together specialists from all over the UK, and further afield, to facilitate a wider exchange of ideas and concepts and to evoke stimulating discussions, focusing on current and future diagnostics, treatment and management strategies in glaucoma care.
The confirmed Haag-Streit Academy 2020 Glaucoma Symposium Faculty, includes;
- Professor Rupert Bourne, Anglia Ruskin University
- Professor Fiona Rowe, Professor in Orthoptics & Health Services Research, University of Liverpool
- Mr Imran Masood, Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Birmingham
- Mr Michel Puech, Ophthalmologist, Associate Manager Explore Vision, Paris
- Mr Anurag Garg, Imperial College London
Symposium topics include;
- The value of skillful biomicroscopy in the diagnosis, management and treatment planning in patients with glaucoma - practical tips
- Visual fields in glaucoma
- Minimally Invasive Glaucoma Surgery (MIGS), featuring Ab-Interno Canaloplasty (ABiC)
- OCT Angiography in glaucoma.
- SLT: the impact of the LiGHT Study on early treatment
This CPD-accredited programme consists of short lectures, followed by workshops and Q&A sessions with the audience (CPD points have been applied for, but not yet confirmed). The event will also provide invaluable networking opportunities.
Workshops will include:
- Slit lamp gonioscopy demonstration and hands-on session
- Octopus 900 visual field tests for glaucoma set-up and demonstration
- iTrack (ABiC) demonstration and drylab hands-on session
- OCTA peripapillary capillariy segmentation and analysis demonstartion and hands-on session
- Tango SLT demonstration and hands-on test firing
The Symposium’s main educational objective is to encourage learning through discussion and practical hands-on experience. Our excellent Faculty of specialists will ensure an engaging and stimulating series of lectures, covering a variety of subjects. The Symposium will provide an excellent forum for clinicians and allied ophthalmic professionals to exchange and share ideas and innovations with their peers.
The delegate price for the Symposium will be £100 (+VAT), which includes lunch and refreshments. An earlybird price of £80 (+VAT) will be available to those delegates who register befor the end of November 2019.
The final agenda is still being confirmed, however, further information and booking is available at https://hsuk.co/2020glaucomasymposium.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Haag-Streit UK, on Friday 18 October, 2019. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/