22nd February 2019
Free Wills Month this March from Essex & Herts Air Ambulance
This March, for the first time, Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) is offering anyone aged 55 or over the chance to have a will professionally prepared for free.
Solicitors across Essex and Hertfordshire have agreed to waive their usual charges for writing a Simple Will for supporters of the Charity.
Jen Townsend, EHAAT’s Finance & Legacy Officer commented: “We understand that people will want to make provision for their loved ones in their will, and there is no obligation on anyone taking part in our Free Wills Month to make a gift to EHAAT.
“However, one in ten missions is funded by legacy giving, so we hope that people will consider leaving something to the Charity. A gift of any size could help save a life.”
To take advantage of the offer, those wanting a free will should contact their local participating solicitor by the end of March to book an appointment. Appointments, which are subject to availability, have to be completed by the end of March. Participants must be aged 55 or over. A donation of £100 for a Single Simple Will and £150 for a pair of Simple Mirror Wills is suggested by EHAAT. Terms and Conditions apply.
Participating Solicitors in Essex:
Birkett Long, Faviell House, 1 Coval Wells, Chelmsford, CM1 1WZ
Contact Katie Hayden on 01245 453837 to book your appointment.
Hill & Abbott, Burgundy Court, 64-66 Springfield Road, Chelmsford, CM2 6JY
Contact Bethany Carter on 01245 258 892 to book your appointment.
Participating Solicitors in Hertfordshire:
Nockolds, 6 Market Square, Bishop’s Stortford, CM23 3UZ
Contact Sarah Browne on 01279 712527 to book your appointment.
Tees Law, Tees House, 95 London Road, Bishop’s Stortford, Hertfordshire, CM23 3GW
Contact Veronica Cutchey on 01279 322505 to book your appointment.
Further details of EHAAT’s Free Wills Month, can be found at ehaat.org/ free-wills-month .
Photograph: EHAAT’s AW169 helicopter
For more information please contact the Communications Team on 0345 2417 690.
Notes to Editor:
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) is a Charity that provides a Helicopter Emergency Medical Services (HEMS) for the critically ill and injured of Essex, Hertfordshire and the surrounding areas.
- The service is provided free of charge but, unlike NHS emergency services, the Charity receives no direct funding from the Government or National Lottery. It costs £750,000 every month to keep the service operational and saving lives, and this would not be possible without the generosity and goodwill of people and businesses of Essex, Hertfordshire and beyond.
- Each of the Charity’s HEMS teams consist of two Pilots, a Pre-hospital Care Doctor and a Critical Care Paramedic.
- These teams, made up of highly-skilled individuals, tended to 1,491 patients in 2018 and are the backbone of your local life-saving Charity.
- The fleet, consisting of two Air Ambulances, and four Rapid Response Vehicles (RRVs - cars) operates seven days a week from 7am to 9pm. After sunset, the Critical Care Team continues to provide the service using Rapid Response Vehicles.
- In addition, a Rapid Response Vehicle is operational on a Friday and Saturday evening from 6pm until 2am with a Pre-hospital Care Doctor and Critical Care Paramedic.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, on Friday 22 February, 2019. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/