Essex & Herts Air Ambulance thanks supporters with a very special Christmas event
Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) is thanking supporters by hosting a very special free event on Thursday 17th December.
To recognise the incredible support the charity has received from the people and businesses of Essex and Hertfordshire during the pandemic, staff have created an Online Christmas Celebration and you are invited.
Kerry Russell, Head of Events and Merchandise at EHAAT said: “Although we can’t gather in person this year, our virtual event will be a fantastic festive celebration for everyone to enjoy safely at home.
“It has been a challenging year for everyone, but thanks to our amazing supporters the charity’s critical care teams have still been there 24/7 for the people of Essex, Hertfordshire and beyond, helping to keep more families together this Christmas.
“To say a big ‘thank you’ to our wonderful supporters, we have created our very first Online Christmas Celebration, and we would be delighted if as many people as possible could join us.
The evening will include contributions from patients, crew, staff and volunteers. From the comfort of your own home you’ll be able to enjoy festive songs, unique readings, a look behind the scenes at the work of your local air ambulance and a personal message from EHAAT CEO Jane Gurney.
Kerry Russell added: “Nobody else will be able to see or hear you, so feel free to sing along with all the songs!”
EHAAT’s Online Christmas Celebration takes place on Thursday 17th
December at 7.30pm. To register for a FREE ticket and to find out more visit the charity’s website ehaat.org/events/christmas-celebration/
To see how the charity is keeping families together this Christmas, visit www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrdfODFlw3g
Photograph: Critical Care Paramedics Chris Keeliher and Lou Rosson will share a very special Christmas poem.
For more information contact Gavin Sherriff, PR Officer, on 0345 2417 690 or 07870 158 309
Notes to Editor:
- Essex & Herts Air Ambulance (EHAAT) is a Charity that provides a Helicopter Emergency Medical Service (HEMS) for the critically ill and injured of Essex, Hertfordshire and the surrounding areas.
- The service is provided free of charge but, unlike NHS emergency services, the Charity receives limited direct funding from the Government and none from the National Lottery. It costs in excess of £750,000 every month to keep the service operational and cover all charitable costs, and this would not be possible without the generosity and goodwill of people and businesses of Essex, Hertfordshire and beyond.
- Each of the Charity’s HEMS teams consist of two Pilots, a Pre-hospital Care Doctor and a Critical Care Paramedic.
- These teams, made up of highly-skilled individuals, attended 1,526 patients in 2019 and are the backbone of your local life-saving Charity.
- The fleet consists of two Air Ambulances, and four rapid response vehicles (RRVs - cars) The RRVs are crewed by a Pre-hospital Care Doctor and a Critical Care Paramedic and carry the same life-saving equipment as the helicopters.
- During the day, from 7am until 8.00pm, the Critical Care Team provides the service using helicopters based at Earls Colne and North Weald. An RRV is used before sunrise, after sunset or when the helicopter is unable to fly because of poor weather or maintenance.
- Overnight from 7.30pm to 7.30am the service is provided using an RRV based at North Weald.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance, on Tuesday 8 December, 2020. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/