This year a charity gift can answer the inevitable Christmas dilemma: how to avoid giving pointless presents. As the festive frenzy gets underway, international development charity Motivation has launched its first ever gift catalogue – Gifts in Motion – so shoppers can find a meaningful gift for their loved ones.
Charity gift catalogues aren’t a new thing, but this year they have greater appeal than ever before as a growing number of people want to avoid single-use plastic waste, make an ethically-conscious buying decision and connect again with the spirit of present-giving.
Buying a Gift in Motion helps enable greater independence and opportunity for disabled people in developing countries. Shoppers can choose an item or service that Motivation provides and donate the value of that to the charity. Every gift choice helps Motivation to keep designing innovative wheelchairs and providing support to disabled people and their families.
Gifts in Motion offers options for every budget and every personality.
- A sewing business kit for the crafty types - £41
- A pair of wheels for the person who’s always on the move - £31
- Parent-carer training for that special one who loves to look after everybody - £27
- A life-saving cushion for that person who’s always there to give support - £12
- A tyre pump for the practical ones – £3
Ade Adepitan – Paralympic legend, BBC presenter and Gifts in Motion ambassador – says:
Each gift enables someone to gain independence and live a mobile, active and fulfilled life. Every product helps to create a fairer and more accessible society, where all disabled people have the freedom to live the life they choose. Whether you are looking for a stocking filler or a little something for yourself, there is a gift for everyone.
Avoid the pointless plastic Secret Santa, dodge the body lotion set, and give a gift that means something this year at www.motivation.org.uk/gifts-in-motion.
For more information, contact Anna Reeve: email@example.com, 0117 944 9864
Photos available upon request.
Notes for editors:
- Motivation is a Bristol-based international development charity and social enterprise. As well as designing and manufacturing their own special range of wheelchairs, Motivation provides training and practical support to ensure that individuals develop confidence, self-esteem and skills to use their wheelchair. They also help disabled people, their families and communities to fight stigma and understand their rights. Last year their work had a direct benefit on the lives of 16,000 people and a further 58,000 disabled people were reached through their work influencing the product design and practices of others. www.motivation.org.uk
- When someone buys a Gift in Motion they are making a donation to Motivation. This donation will be put to use for any part of Motivation’s work wherever it will have the greatest impact.
- When buying a Gift in Motion, the giver can choose a beautiful gift card – either left blank and delivered to them, or sent directly to the gift recipient with a special message.
- All gift amounts are based on true costs at time of catalogue printing.
Press release distributed by Pressat on behalf of Motivation Charitable Trust, on Monday 29 October, 2018. For more information subscribe and follow https://pressat.co.uk/